- Don’t be too quick to label the Christians whose opinions, theologies, doctrines, and beliefs are different than yours as non-Christians. Focus and fellowship on the one thing that links the two of you–Jesus Christ–and allow God to mold the opinions, theologies, doctrines, and beliefs of the both of you into His.
- Sometimes what you cannot stand in others is a reflection of you, or what you used to be. Just like God was patient and showed mercy to you, choose to do the same for others.
Dr. Myles Munroe:
- An army of sheep led by a lion will always defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.
- When you have a low opinion of yourself, it is because you do not know God’s true opinion of you, which He reveals in His Word.
- Leadership is not something that human beings have to strive for; it is something that is inherent within us because of our purpose and design.
- You were born to lead, but you must become a leader.
- Learning about leadership and knowing what it means to be a leader are two different things. Learning comes from education, while knowing comes from revelation. Learning is cognitive, while knowing is spiritual.
- If you ask somebody for your rights, you are admitting that he or she has ownership of them.
- When men are ignorant of their true identity, it affects not only their own callings and fulfillment, but also that of their families and of society as a whole. This is because, as the man goes, so goes the family, society, and the world.
- The purpose of something determines its nature, design, and features.
- If a man has no vision, this will negatively affect those who are to follow him, especially his family.
- Where purpose is not known, abuse is inevitable.
- Marriage is a foundational institution that predates all other institutions. Before there were nations or governments; before there were churches, schools, or businesses; there was the family; and before the family there was marriage.
John C. Maxwell:
- *Never let the situation mean more than the relationship. It is more important to resolve a situation than to dissolve a relationship.
- Your life today is a result of your thinking yesterday. Your life tomorrow will be determined by what you think today.
- Instead of putting others in their place, we must put ourselves in their place.
- Caring for people should precede confronting people. People are interested in the person who is interested in them.
- When Bob has a problem with everyone, Bob is usually the problem.
- We go to a higher level when we treat others better than they treat us.
- The true test of relationships is not only how loyal we are when friends fail, but how thrilled we are when they succeed.
- All things being equal, people will work with people they like; all things not being equal, they still will.
- Sometimes when you give someone a piece of your mind, you lose your own peace of mind.
- Being at ease with ourselves helps others to be at ease with us.
- When you stop worrying so much about yourself and start looking at others and what they desire, you build a bridge to other people, and you become the kind of person others want to be around.
- Believing the best in people usually brings the best out of people.
- You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.
- Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
- Education opens doors where none seem to exist.
* indicates that two or more statements are placed together into one quote.